Taken together, the collaboration and community-building aspects of the wide variety of technical developments, consultations, forums and other project events and activities form the EOSC Future Community. Activities focus on the importance of community formation for the development of EOSC.
The EOSC Future Community identifies and documents the community-forming aspects of the activities, recording the value created and making it available for future use by other projects, organisations or initiatives. With this KER, the EOSC Future project is focused on the importance of community formation for the development of EOSC. It also highlights the value generated by collaborations taking place within the project.
- EOSC Future-related projects
- EOSC Association
State of play
- an overall EOSC Future engagement plan has been produced as well as a specific engagement plan with EuroHPC
- a Collaboration Agreement has been signed with the INFRAEOSC07 projects, and there are informal contacts with the INFRAEOSC05b projects
- specific activities are being conducted in the Western Balkans to develop EOSC uptake and engagement
- for global outreach, RDA (Research Data Alliance) ambassadors and other activities are providing a channel for the international community to engage with EOSC
- collaboration is ongoing with GAIA-X around the Rules of Participation
- ongoing cooperation and engagement with the EOSC Association.
- Next steps will focus on looking into how the EOSC Future Community could be maintained after the EOSC Future project, so as to transfer and maximise the value for use by other projects and EOSC.
Key benefits/impact for EOSC
This KER is working to ensure EOSC is tailored to the needs of actual users, with +300 researchers participating in the EOSC Future User Group, around 38 RDA open call grants awarded, and more.
By the end of the project:
- 10 online consultations
- more than 500 stakeholders involved in input-gathering exercises
- 50 International Open Science members engaged
- 10 new scientific communities engaged in EOSC