Partners: ICOS ERIC, SeaDataNet, Euro-Argo, EMSO ERIC, ACTRIS, IAGOS, eLTER
The Dashboard for the State of the Environment aims to make European environmental data accessible to a broad audience through user-oriented indicators displayed in an easy-to-approach interface.
The overarching goal of the project is to equip the broader public and policymakers with a user-friendly, customisable dashboard that visualises an extensible collection of indicators that describe the state of the environment in near real-time.
The project set out to find a solution for displaying data of different natures and from multiple sources in a coherent and user-oriented interface. The developing teams created interchangeable and rearrangeable frames, each carrying its own customisation menu. When logged in, user preferences are saved for easier and faster access to the data.
The EOSC Future added value
Through EOSC Future, the Dashboard has been developed using several EOSC services available on the EOSC Platform. As an integration platform that supports scientific workflows, the EOSC provides core services to support research infrastructures to further develop or improve their services, which are also onboarded on the EOSC Platform, and become available to all EOSC users.
The Dashboard will be part of the ENVRI-Hub, a common virtual interface for ENVRI-FAIR data and services that will be integrated into the EOSC Platform, enabling users from a broader scope to easily access the displayed data.
The Dashboard for the State of the Environment is a powerful tool that gathers a significant trove of European environmental data in one location. The simplicity of the interface lowers the threshold for non-specialists and citizen scientists to access the data. At the same time, higher-end technical possibilities offer additional options for more advanced users.
- Service: https://env-dashboard.eoscfuture.eu/
- How to cite: Vermeulen A, Schaap D, Adamaki A, Krijger T, Bardaji R, Fornos A, Rodero I, Boulanger D, Myhre C, Rud R, Zogopoulos Z, D’Onofrio C, Moncoiffé G (2023) Dashboard for the State of the Environment. ARPHA Preprints. https://doi.org/10.3897/arphapreprints.e107578
- Abstract published at EGU23: Adamaki, A., Vermeulen, A., Schaap, D., Thijsse, P., Krijger, T., Bardaji, R., Fornos, A., and Rodero, I.: A European Dashboard showcasing the State of the Environment , EGU General Assembly 2023, Vienna, Austria, 24–28 Apr 2023, EGU23-8784, https://doi.org/10.5194/egusphere-egu23-8784 , 2023
- Posters: EGU23 https://fileshare.icos-cp.eu/s/LciCcMMSsB69fo6
- EOSC Symposium 22 https://fileshare.icos-cp.eu/s/2GfeG4mN7npnqwS
How to use the Dashboard: