This 90-minute training session gives an overview of the support management and helpdesk in federated EOSC environment, it covers major functions and workflows of the EOSC helpdesk, delivery of the EOSC Helpdesk as-a-service, integration with other helpdesk systems, and examples of integrations. You’ll also have the opportunity to hear reports from EOSC communities and case studies of successful integrations.
You will learn the benefits of EOSC helpdesk technology, integration scenarios depending on your situation, best practices, instructions and tips for getting started. The Q&A breaks during the session will allow you to ask questions, share your own experiences, and discuss common challenges.
Material to read (optional):
- Helpdesk documentation https://eosc-helpdesk.eosc-portal.eu/help/en-us/1-eosc-helpdesk-documentation
- Interoperability guidelines: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7308617
Introduction (5 minutes):
- Brief overview of the training sessions
- Topics and objectives
Helpdesk in modern federated IT-Infrastructure (10 minutes)
- Major Challenges
- Helpdesk is more than a helpdesk nowadays?
- Streamlining of support management process
Main Capabilities and Workflows of the EOSC Helpdesk (15 minutes)
- Overview of the key functions and workflows of the EOSC Helpdesk technology
- Demonstration of the typical custom workflow for resolving a request
Q&A (15 minutes)
Integration with Helpdesk for Providers ( 20 minutes)
- Why to integrate
- How to integrate
- Benefits and limitations of the integration
Example of Integration and First Experiences ( 15 minutes)
- CESSDA use case (Joshua Ocansey, CESSDA)
- OpenAIRE use case (Pedro Principe and André Vieira, OpenAIRE/University of Minho)
Q&A and Discussion (10 minutes)
EOSC service providers.
Pavel Weber is working at KIT (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) and is involved in several EU-Projects. The main focus of his activities is the delivery of the Helpdesk system and other collaborative services to the research communities.
Stay tuned for event updates and more via twitter @EOSCFuture.
Find the presentation slides here.
Find the recorded presentation here.